Legal & Regulatory
1. Godwins Solicitors LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under number OC364449.A list of the members is displayed at the registered office:12 St Thomas Street, Winchester, HampshireSO23 9HF.
2. Godwins Solicitors LLP are Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 619783 and the applicable professional rules are the Solicitors’ Code of Conduct, which can be viewed on the SRA’s website: www.sra.org.uk (http://www.sra.org.uk)
3. Godwins Solicitors LLP are Registered for VAT purposes under number 188 0610 55.
4. Godwins Solicitors LLP maintain professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices on prior appointment.
5. Godwins Solicitors LLP are accredited to the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme under No. CQS01253.
6. Godwins Solicitors LLP are not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but we are able in certain circumstances able to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of The Law Society. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide. For more complicated matters we may refer you to someone who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
7. As mentioned, Godwins Solicitors LLP are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, our name is included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority, so that we can carry on insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. (The register can be accessed via http://www.fca.org.uk/register). This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our registration number in this context is LS48046.
8. We pay interest on client money in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules. A copy of our Interest Policy is available on request by emailing email@example.com
9. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide to our clients. Sometimes things go wrong and in that unlikely event we have a Complaints Policy to ensure that complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly and effectively. A copy of our Complaints Policy can be supplied on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Godwins Solicitors LLP are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 which came into force on 1st March 2000. Our registration number is Z4755096.We fully support and comply with the eight principles of the Act. In summary, this means personal information must be:
(i) processed fairly and lawfully;
(ii) processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way;
(iii) relevant and sufficient for the purpose;
(v) kept for as long as is necessary and no longer;
(vi) processed in line with individuals’ rights;
(vii) secure; and
(viii) only transferred to other countries that have suitable data protection controls.
11. Godwins Solicitors LLP encourages all employees and members to complete an anonymous diversity questionnaire but it is not compulsory to complete one.The results were collected in July 2017 with a 77% response rate.