Legal & Regulatory
1. Godwins Solicitors LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under number OC364449.A list of the members is displayed at the registered office:12 St Thomas Street, Winchester, HampshireSO23 9HF.
2. Godwins Solicitors LLP is Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 619783 and the applicable professional rules are the Solicitors’ Code of Conduct, which can be viewed on the SRA’s website: www.sra.org.uk (http://www.sra.org.uk)
3. Godwins Solicitors LLP is Registered for VAT purposes under number 188 0610 55.
4. Godwins Solicitors LLP maintain professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices on prior appointment.
5. Godwins Solicitors LLP is accredited to the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme under No. CQS01253.
6. Godwins Solicitors LLP is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but we are able in certain circumstances able to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of The Law Society. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide. For more complicated matters we may refer you to someone who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
7. We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance distribution activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at www.fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register. Our registration number in this context is LS48046.
The Law Society of England and Wales is a designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory arm of the Law Society. The Legal Ombudsman deals with complaints against lawyers. If you are unhappy with any insurance advice you receive from us, you should raise your concerns with the SRA or Legal Ombudsman.
8. We pay interest on client money in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules. A copy of our Interest Policy is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Godwins Solicitors LLP encourages all employees and members to complete an anonymous diversity questionnaire but it is not compulsory to complete one. The results were collected in July 2017 with a 77% response rate.
10. As key professionals, we facilitate transactions on behalf of many different clients and in that capacity we must act at all times with integrity, uphold the law and not engage in criminal activity. We do not tolerate financial crime in any form either within our business or in those we do business with. This includes corruption (including bribery), tax evasion and its facilitation. The firm has in place Anti-Corruption and Bribery, and Anti-Facilitation of Tax Evasion Policies and procedures to identify and prevent unethical, corrupt and tax evasive practices. If you have reasonable cause to suspect such practice(s) in your dealings with us then you should report your suspicions immediately in confidence to our Compliance Officer for Legal Practice Nigel Spicer.