At Godwins Solicitors LLP, an experienced team of lawyers will give you clear practical advice and personal service.
Dealing with commercial property can be complicated. We aim to make the process straight-forward and efficient so you can get on with running your business.
Godwins can help you to acquire, manage or sell vacant or occupied commercial space. Whether yours is space you occupy for your own business or an investment portfolio; whether retail, office, industrial or agricultural, our experienced team with guide you.
● Acquisitions & Disposals
○ Buying and selling freehold land and buildings
○ Granting or taking a new lease of land, buildings, office, shop or farm
○ For your own occupation or for a third party
○ Property taxation issues, including VAT and Stamp Duty Land Tax
○ Commerical mortgages
● Managing Leasehold Property, whether you are a landlord or tenant
○ Grant of a new lease, lease renewals, lease surrenders and ending a lease
○ Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 and security of tenure
○ Break Clauses
○ Rent reviews
○ Licence for alterations and changes of use
○ Change of occupier
○ Assignment and subletting
● Development, whether you are a developer or landowner
○ Buying or selling a development site
○ Options, pre-emption agreements and overage
○ Development agreements, conditional contracts and promotion agreements
○ Retail, office, industrial, residential, leisure and licensed premises and agricultural land/farms
○ Issues arising from the Town & Country Planning Acts
● Agricultural Property
○ Development of land or buildings for residential or commerical use
○ Entering into option agreements for potential future development
○ Farm business tenancies
○ Telecommunications installations
○ Drainage easements, wayleaves and rights of way
See also: Business Acquisitions and Disposals.