Price and services notice – range of fixed fees for a non-disputed business to business debt.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (eg if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor;
- interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost;
- the costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- undertaking appropriate searches;
- sending a letter before action;
- receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim;
- where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default;
- when Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment;
- if payment is not received within say, 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take 2 – 12 weeks (or longer) from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the debtor, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the debtor pays promptly on receipt of a letter before action or at a later stage following the commencement of any Court proceedings. Once Judgment has been obtained, if enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
For further information please contact Nigel Spicer.